Today I am sharing my home style spin on Betty Crocker’s Yellow cake mix. I added shredded coconut to the batter and used coconut flakes as a topping. Hence, the name coconutty yellow cake. The cake is delicious and comforting.
How I make my coconutty yellow cake
- Three eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cold water
- One box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- Two cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 coconut flakes (for topping)
- First, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to preheat. Then prepare a 13×9 inch pan.
- Use an electric mixer set to medium speed and mix eggs, water, oil, and cake mix in a medium bowl for three minutes. Then fold in shredded coconut.
- Bake cake for thirty minutes. Cool for ten before removing from pan. Cool completely before applying the topping.